Edinson Roberto Cavani GómezDate of birth: February 14th, 1987 Place of birth: Salto Uruguay Position: Striker Weight/Height: 156lbs - 6'0'' Current Team: PSG
Like most kids in Uruguay, he started playing football at a very young age. He started out in 5-a-side Football and at the age of 14 moved on to the big pitch, joining the junior category of the club where his father coached the first team.
At 16 he joined Danubio and in 2006 made his debut with the first team, helping the club win the Open Championship title that year by scoring one of the goals.
In 2007, after an outstanding performance for the Uruguay under-20 national team, where he was top goal scorer with 7 goals in 9 games, it was officially announced that he had signed for Palermo. He stayed at the Sicilian club for three years during which time he became a starting line-up fixture.
On 6 February 2008 he made his debut with the Uruguay national team, scoring a goal in a friendly against Colombia, and also played in the World Cup in 2010. Today he is in the team's starting line-up as number 21.
On 19 August 2010 he made his debut in the characteristic blue of Napoli. By this time, Edi was known as "THE MATADOR". During his time at Napoli, he caused a frenzy among the city's fans, who composed various songs in his honour such as "Forza Cavani Alè", by singer songwriter Alberto Caccia. A pizza was also created in his name as well as biscuits packaged in a tin bearing his image.
March 2011 was a very special month for him with the birth of his first son, Bautista.
In 2012, Napoli won the Italian Cup and he ended the season in 2013 as the top scorer in Serie A with 29 goals.
Also in March, but this time in 2013, his second son Lucas was born.
On 16 July 2013, Edi was presented as the new player at PSG, the club where he still plays today.
FAITH IN GOD IS ONE OF THE CORNERSTONES OF HIS LIFE
"It was a very humble team and their triumph caught them and everyone else by surprise".
"Before leaving for Italy and arriving in Palermo, I thought I'd disembarked in another world. When I finally set foot in Sicily, I realised I was wrong: I felt totally at home".
"I've been given so much by this city and this team: the songs they've dedicated to me, the gifts from the fans, and the affection that everyone has shown me have made this an idyllic experience, and playing in a stadium where a legend like Maradona wrote football history has been an incredible thrill".
"I want to win, I want to give everything for this team so we can reach the club's objectives".
"Faith helps us to understand that we should never feel superior to anyone in life, because we're no better and no worse than any other person".
1.- EDICAVANIOFFICIAL is the owner of this website. All the Industrial and Intellectual Property rights of the content belong to EDICAVANIOFFICIAL. Therefore, its content and distinguishing marks that it contains as well as photographs, logos, trademarks, videos, publications, press releases and summaries belong to EDICAVANIOFFICIAL, and cannot be reproduced, adapted, translated, distributed, changed or manipulated in any way without the express permission of EDICAVANIOFFICIAL, which reserves the right to claim for damages caused due to the improper use of its intellectual property by third parties. The user promises to use this website, its services and content in accordance with current legislation, good faith, general accepted uses and public order. It is prohibited to use the website for unlawful purposes or that are detrimental to EDICAVANIOFFICIAL, any third party or that, in any way, may damage or prevent normal operation of this website.
2. - The information contained on this website must be considered as general information, of an informative or educational nature, and it cannot be used or interpreted as medical or any other type of advice.
3. - EDICAVANIOFFICIAL accepts without verification that the information presented on the EDICAVANIOFFICIAL website is accurate, sufficient, true and correct, but is not responsible for its content or any technical inaccuracies or for the information not being appropriately updated. It is for this reason that EDICAVANIOFFICIAL will not assume any liability for any damages that are caused by any action that is taken based on this information.
4. - The information offered can only and exclusively be used for personal and not commercial purposes.
5.- EDICAVANIOFFICIAL will not be liable for any possible damages of any type that may caused to the user as a result of using browsers or different browser versions different from those for which the EDICAVANIOFFICIAL website was designed, nor for damages that may arise from interferences, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone faults or disconnections in the operation of this electronic system through no fault of EDICAVANIOFFICIAL; for delays or blocks in the use of this electronic system caused by deficiencies or overloads of your Data Processing Centre, in the Internet system or in other electronic system; nor for damage that may be caused by third persons through illegal interference. Likewise, EDICAVANIOFFICIAL will not be liable for any damages the user may experience as a consequence of errors, defects or omissions in the information provided by EDICAVANIOFFICIAL.
6. - The use of certain services or requests sent to EDICAVANIOFFICIAL is conditional upon the prior completion of the corresponding user record. Once registered as a user of the website, EDICAVANIOFFICIAL will provide you with the identification codes and keys necessary to operate on EDICAVANIOFFICIAL. All identification codes together with their corresponding access keys provided by EDICAVANIOFFICIAL are personal and non-transferable at all times. It is the duty of the user of the site to notify EDICAVANIOFFICIAL of any change in personal details supplied by them. EDICAVANIOFFICIAL reserves the right to use, reproduce, modify, disclose or translate any information, piece of data, idea or knowledge that the user enters on the website or sends as a communication to it, it being the user's responsibility at all times that the data and information provided are accurate and true. Likewise, it is also the full responsibility of the website's user to provide due diligence to prevent access and/or use of the portal by third parties that access or use the identification codes or keys in the user's name. The user may unsubscribe from the website, a decision that cannot be retroactive, by notifying EDICAVANIOFFICIAL.
7. - EDICAVANIOFFICIAL, reserves the right to change these conditions without prior warning and at any time. This change shall be binding on the user once it has been included in the legal warning of the website.
8.- To be able to access some of the website services, the user must identify themselves and provide their personal details, such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address or telephone number. For the purposes of article 5 of the Personal Data Protection Law 15/1999, of 13 December, and Royal Decree 1720/2007, of 21 December, approving the Regulation for the development of Personal Data Protection Law 15/1999 of 13 December, we inform you that the data you provide us will be stored and processed in a file belonging to EDICAVANIOFFICIAL for the purposes of responding to your enquiry.
9.- It is prohibited at all times to use any graphic or mixed wordmark or any other distinguishing mark of EDICAVANIOFFICIAL or of EDICAVANIOFFICIAL for any other use that is not explicitly indicated on the website or except in cases allowed by law or expressly authorised by EDICAVANIOFFICIAL.
10. - The user will be liable for damages of any nature that EDICAVANIOFFICIAL may suffer as a direct or indirect consequence of the non-compliance by the user of this Legal Notice.
11.- EDICAVANIOFFICIAL informs you that the collection of your personal data is carried out for the following purposes: (i) that of being able to provide you with the services to which you have access through the EDICAVANIOFFICIAL website (ii) commercial and advertising, both EDICAVANIOFFICIAL products and companies of its business group and third parties, with respect to products, services, offers, promotions and any other publicity activities. EDICAVANIOFFICIAL adopts the security levels required by the Security Measures Regulations approved by Royal Decree 994/1999 of 6 June. Notwithstanding the above, technical security in a medium such as the Internet is not impregnable and there may be leaks due to wilful actions of third parties.
12. - We inform you that you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by sending an email (EDICAVANIOFFICIAL) or written communication, accompanied by a photocopy of your national or identity document, passport or other valid document for your identification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Logos, competition names and team, federation and competition emblems are the property of their respective owners.
The statistical data used on this website is the property of OptaSports Ltd and is used under its own distribution and operating licence.
Its automated reproduction and collection is not permitted nor its extraction for use other than under the contracted terms.